Costa Rica is known for being one of the most beautiful and popular places in the world. It’s a nature and beach lovers paradise with over 800 miles of coastline, both on the Atlantic and Pacific ocean. The beautiful rainforests of Costa Rica will steal your heart away, with dozens of waterfalls, over 1,000 different types of butterflies, 9,000 different plants and 34,000 species of insects! There is even active volcanoes throughout the country, hot springs and more.
Costa Rica is a destination that both backpackers and luxury travelers can enjoy. However, if you want to do Costa Rica right and live it up on the luxury side of things, I have the perfect guide for you for making all your Costa Rica dreams come true.
I personally think that in order to see the entire country and get a good feel for everything, you’d need to visit Costa Rica for a week and a half to 2 weeks at best.
Fast Facts on Costa Rica:
- Capital: San José
- Located: Central America
- Population: 4.85 million
- Langauge: Spanish
- Currency: Costa Rican colón
- Best Known For: Volcanoes, Wildlife, Rainforest, Coffee
- 5 Active volcanoes (Arenal, Poas, Rincon de la Vieja, Orosi and Irazu)
Cities To Visit:
- San José
- Monteverde and Santa Elena
- Arenal Volcano
- Malpais and Santa Teresa
- Central Valley thrills
- Cerro Chirripó
Where To Stay
As a luxury traveler, one of the most important questions I ask myself is where am I going to stay. Since Costa Rica is known for their stunning coastline — ocean view would be a must and Costa Rica beachfront rentals has you covered. This would be ideal for family travelers, couples and a girlfriends getaway. They offer beautiful villas with amazing swimming pools and a stunning ocean view. Some of which are just a few short steps away from the beach. There is nothing like waking up in your own villa with the perfect sunset and sunrise view. Having your own privacy and peace of mind is priceless.
Speaking of oceanfront, here’s the best beaches in Costa Rica.
Manuel Antonio Beach – In the Manuel Antonio National Park
Dominical Beach, South Pacific – Dominical Beach is worldly known for being one of the best beaches in the world for surfers.
Ostional Beach, Nicoya Peninsula – Welcome to the black sand beach, which was created by the volcanos. If you love wildlife, which I’m guessing most of us do, head on over to this magical beach to spot some turtles. The nesting turtle season in between July – October, so if you’re planning on traveling during that time, make sure to come check it out. Watching baby turtles take their first steps into the beach is truly specular. I saw it a view years back in Mexico.
Conchal Beach, Guanacaste – Is ridiculously stunning and peaceful beach. It has a beautiful ocean reef and great for snorkeling.
Tamarindo Beach, Guanacaste – For anyone who loves surfing, this is the beach to do it!
Flamingo Beach, Guanacaste – Sadly you won’t find real Flamingo’s here. This beach actually got its name from the pinkish white sand on the beach, resembling the color of a Flamingo.
Manzanillo Beach, Southern Caribean Coast – This beach is just WOW! Crystal clear turquoise water, in an off the beaten path surrounded by the rainforest. Perfect for diving and snorkeling. Beautiful reefs and marine life.
Things To Do & See
There is SO much to see in Costa Rica, it’s a destination with an endless amount of adventure and activities. From National Parks to beaches, volcanoes, hot springs, ziplining, trails (hiking), wildlife, waterfall and so much more. Here are the best things to do and excursions in Costa Rica:
- Tortuguero National Park
- Day Trip to Manuel Antonio National Park from San Jose
- Full-Day Rio Celeste Tour From La Fortuna
Volcanoes & Hot Spring Tours
- Arenal Volcano Lava Flow Hike and Tabacón Hot Springs with Dinner
- Irazu Volcano, Orosi Valley and Lankester
- Full-day Cartago Ruins, Irazú Volcano and Sarapiquí River Cruise From San Jose
- Blue Volcanic River Waterfalls and Hot Springs Mud Bath Adventure in Rincon de la Vieja from Samara
- Miravalles Volcano and Waterfalls from Playa Hermosa
- Poas Volcano and La Paz Waterfall Gardens Day Tour
- Surfing Lessons in Jaco Beach
- Small-Group Beach Hopping and Surf Lesson Experience from Manuel Antonio
- 4-Day or 7-Day Basics of Surfing Program in Tamarindo
- Surfing Lesson in Tamarindo
- Sailing Tour in Guanacaste
- Full-Day Tortuga Island Cruise from San Jose
- Whale and Dolphin Tour in Drake Bay
- Sailing Tour with Lunch and Open Bar from Quepos- Manuel Antonio
- Antares Sailing Sunset Cruise
For The Adventurous Souls
- Monteverde Cloud Forest and Hanging Bridges from Guanacaste
- Zipline, Horseback Riding and Hot Springs Combo Tour in Guanacaste
- 2-Hour ATV Tour
- Canopy, Water Slide, Hot Spring Mud Bath and Horseback Riding Full Day Tour from Playa Hermosa – Coco Beach
- Rio Savegre White Water Rafting from Jaco
- Borinquen Combo Horseback Riding and Canopy Tour
- Mistico Park: Night Walk at Hanging Bridges
- Arenal Trekking 1968 Trail
- Rain Forest Hike in Golfito
- High Ropes Tour at Adventure Park from Jaco
- Britt Coffee Tour and Chocolate Tasting from San Jose
- San José City Tour
- San Jose Tropical Rainforest Adventure including Chocolate Tasting
- San Jose Walking Tour including Central Market and Lunch
- La Fortuna wildlife rescue center tour and volunteering guided trail walk
- Maleku Indigenous Reserve Day Tour
- Costa Rica Medicinal Plants Tour from Playa del Coco
- Costa Rican Farm Tour in La Fortuna
- Butterfly Garden Tour
Have an amazing time in Costa Rica Guys!!!
If you have any questions or recommendations, I’d love to hear from you! Leave a comment below!
LOVE IT? PIN IT!